Where default Netgear Router Password allows secure access to Netgear Router Login. Similarly, the Wifi Password allows one to secure the data usage from various even unknown users. The password is an essential setup of your Netgear Router security. Despite the fact, it is your home network or business network, you can secure the data giving it a secure password.
On the other side change in the Wi-fi password should be a necessary duty of the user. Change of wifi password within a specific time period never let your password get viral. Regardless the reason, you can easily change the password using the below instruction.
Access Netgear Route Login
- First of all, open the web browser on your device that is connected to the router.
- Write the IP address 192.168.0.1 or you can also type 192.168.1.1, in case it is not working then type http://www.routerlogin.net. And press Enter from your Keyboard.
- Confirm the details with default Netgear Router Password ‘admin’ in lower case or if you have set a new password then type the new password.
- Click on the Login and you have prompted to Netgear Router Login admin page.
- You can also access the setting via Netgear Genie App.
Change the Wifi Password
- The first option may appear to update the firmware which you can leave for now or if you find the new version is available then go to firmware update.
- Now, the whole features are showing to the left side of your router web interface. Under the Setup option, click on the Wireless Settings
- It will open the first option of a Wireless Network where your Name (SSID) is showing your current Network name. This is the Wifi network name that you can change with any other name.
- Second is the Security Options, where you can click on the ‘WPA2-PSK (AES)’
- The third option at the bottom will be showing of Passphrase. This is your Wifi password. Make sure to keep your password strong enough that nobody can get it easily. According to recommendations, you can add the alphanumerical characters and should never add any common password like your own name, your mobile number, birth date, etc.
- Finally, click on Apply to save the changes.
- Once the settings are done, you have to reconnect to your wifi network using the new network name and password to access Netgear Router Login