Accessing Netgear Router Login via common ‘admin’ password may create difficulties to the security of your router. As everyone is well known for this password can easily access your Router settings. In case, the users are used to wireless network services then definitely, anyone can find the wireless connection password to use it for personal purpose. Keeping these negative effects, every router user must know how to change the ‘admin’ password. You can follow the below instruction to change your Netgear Router Password in a simple way.
Netgear Router Login Password Change
- Open your web browser on the respective device be it Smartphone, Computer, Laptop or any other wireless or wired device.
- Do log-in, as usual, you do via routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1.
- Router Login page will appear.
- You have accessed the homepage of Netgear Router.
- Go to the ADVANCED > Administration > Set Password
- Type the old password that is ‘admin’ by default
- Type the new password that you want to change
- Again type the new password that you recently changed
- Click the checkbox to ‘Enable Password Recovery’
- Click on ‘Apply’
- And you have saved the setting.
Even if you make any other change to your Router’s settings, make sure to click on ‘Apply’ to save the settings. To check your changed settings, you can go ahead to access Netgear Router Login with new Netgear Router Password.
Let you know one thing, when any a user lost the new password and unable to remember it then the user can reset the router to reach the default factory settings and follow the whole process to set the password again. To reset your Netgear Router, you can press the Router Reset button located on the back side of your Router. To remember your Netgear Router Password you can save it on a paper or in any a personal device.