So, you have forgotten the Netgear Router Password. Don’t get panic! You need to do nothing except one step which recovers the whole Netgear Setup to its default username and password as well as enable you to recover the password following the proper instruction. Changing your password from default to customized is a good thing but one should keep this remember for next time routerlogin. In case you have lost the Netgear Router Password and also have not ‘Enable Password Recovery’, first of all, in order to get recovery of your Netgear Password, you have to reset your Router. For this go ahead:
- The Router has a Reset button located on its backside.
- The user should long press it for minimum 10 seconds by using a sharp object because the button is small in size that may be difficult to be pressed by you.
- After few minutes, power on the Router and in order to ‘Enable Password Recovery’, you need to access routerlogin.net.
- Create a connection between Router, Computer and Modem.
- Do the Router login as usually you do, go to browser > 192.168.1.1 > Username and Password ‘admin’ (lower case) > log in.
- The Netgear Setup wizard is showing on your device’s screen, you can change any kind of setting.
Netgear Router Password Recovery
Under the ‘Maintenance’
Click on the ‘Set Password’
Type the default password ‘admin’ in the first column
Type new password in the second column
Again type the new password in the third column.
There is a check-box asking to ‘Enable Password Recovery’.
Click ‘Ok’ to save the changes.
So here you have enabled the password recovery
The Benefit of ‘Enable Password Recovery’
In future, if you forgot the password but you have enabled the password recovery then you can get Routerlogin using the serial number of your Router. The instructions for this are as given below:
- In your browser, enter net and press ‘Enter’
- A login window will open but you have forgotten the password, so you can enter the serial number of your Router. The router’s serial number is located on its bottom side.
- Click on ‘Continue’
- The screen will ask some question regarding your security to verify if that is your own account.
- Give the answer to these questions and click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- The screen will display the ‘Router Recovered Password’
Now you can access Linksys Router Login again with your recovered Netgear Router Password.