Access to routerlogin admin page and wireless network name (SSID) can be protected by giving a secret password. Both are different from each other and the way to set up their security is also distinct. When you change the password of your Router Login, it protects your router setting as well as protects your wifi name and password. When you secure your Wifi network name (SSID) it protects the data usage of your wireless network from an authorized user. Take a look:
How to Secure Your Routerlogin Admin Page
- In order to secure your net admin page, you have to change your Netgear Router Password. You need to access browser > Type IP address 192.168.1.1 If it is not working then type http://www.routerlogin.net.
- Confirm the username and password. The default username and password is ‘admin’ in lower case. In case it is not working then you must have lost the password. For this, you have to reset your router and again access the net with default Netgear Router Password.
- The setup wizard will appear on your screen, if you have installed the Netgear Genie, it will appear on your screen to make the changes in its settings.
- On the left side, all the settings are appearing where you can click on Set Password. Type the old password that is ‘admin’ in small characters if you never changed. Type the new password that you want to protect your router and once again type this new password in next column.
- Click on the check-box to Enable Password Recovery. The benefit of clicking this option is if you lost the password you can easily recover the password by confirming the serial number of your respective router.
- Click on Apply to save the change.
How To Change Router Wifi Name (SSID)
- In order to change the Router Wifi name (SSID), go to the browser > access routerlogin.net
- The screen will display the Netgear Router Login As recently you have changed the Netgear Router Password, so, now enter the username and password that you recently changed.
- The Setup wizard, Netgear Genie or whichever web interface you have installed will appear on the screen of your device. Click on the Wireless Settings.
- Change the Wireless Network Name > Name (SSID)
- Select the Security Option > WPA2-PSK (AES)
- Go to Security Encryption > change your Passphrase that is your password.
- Click on Apply to save the changes.
Automatically the window will close and again you have to select the new Network name from your wifi connection manager to connect with wireless wifi. Further, enter the new Netgear Router Password to access the routerlogin admin page. Your Netgear Router Setup and wifi network are secure until both passwords get viral.